[Samba] Unable to show user list Samba 2.2.8a

Kevin Laudadio jlaudadio at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 22:51:00 GMT 2003

I using Samba as a primary PDC with great success but when I create a share
on a W2k machine and attempt to apply permissions I must add each user
individually. The list from the Samba server shows two groups Domain Admins
and Domain Users. When you select either of these groups W2k says you are
unable to see the list of users. Since I am in a test mode right now adding
each user is no problem but in the future it could be very time consuming.
The problem is somewhat different on a W98 box; it says something like 'You
are unable to see a list of users now. Try again later.' This means you
cannot apply permissions from the server to a directory.
I have added users to the adm group on the linux box and I have domain admin
group = @adm

Any ideas?