[Samba] strange problem

D. Rick Anderson ruger at acsnv.com
Mon Aug 25 19:05:23 GMT 2003

We're having problems getting a certain piece of software to connect from
a windows 2000 server to our Samba server running samba 2.2.8 on RH 9.0

The windows server can map the share, and can copy files and folders to it
and delete them, but when we try to connect to the share with this
software is barfs with:

--SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters--Getting value
without opening a key first

I've found the area in the windows registry where that resides, but I
think it's attempting to modify the registry on the samba server. The
software is a Dialer and we're trying to get it to dump it's VOX files
onto the 700G share on the samba server. The software has it's own utility
where you enter the share, and the username and password to connect with.
There is no other way, such as mapping a drive, to get it to put the vox
files there.

TIA

Rick