[Samba] two subnets, one server, bad writes.

Marc Mendez mmendez at silicon-worlds.fr
Mon Aug 25 16:09:26 GMT 2003

Hello everyone,

I have serious performance problems with samba 2.2.8a under FBSD 4.8-stable.
Two subnets from two interfaces on the server drives the clients.
One gateway forwards between the first and second subnets.

I suppose the problem comes from the NETBIOS name of the server that has
its address on the second subnet... and then first subnet clients are
writing their data through the gateway.

Any help/suggestion appreciated,
    Marc.

--
Marc Mendez
Silicon Worlds SA

12, rue de Chatillon
75014 Paris
Tel : +33 (01) 53 90 11 13
Fax : +33 (01) 53 90 11 12

 Without C, we would only have Basi, Pasal and Obol.
 Anonymous.

 P. Picasso.