[Samba] Re: Samba PDC + WinXP = problems fetching remote profiles

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Mon Aug 25 15:37:24 GMT 2003

>> Sounds like symptoms of activated Web Client
>> service.
> Probably, i even found the message you were talking
> about, and the symptoms really look the same, but
> strangely, disabling WebClient did not help --
> maybe there is some result, but the one i do not
> notice :). There HAVE to be something Damian Gerow
> have done, that he did not tell...
>
> Maybe the point is about EAP -- i did not quite
> understand it. If anyone knows, what are symptoms
> of EAP being turned on/off (and where to turn it
> on/off -- is it in properties of network connection
> and called $(regexp 'IEEE [0-9]{3}.[0-9]') ),
> please tell me.

You can choose between 3 EAPs: PEAP, MD5 challenge
and SmartCard or other certificate in LAN Link
properties under the tab Authentication if you
enable IEEE 802.1X Authentication. I switched it off
altogether when I killed Web client service.

>> Yes, of course. How silly of me.
>> You're domain is .ru
> Hmm. It was twice as strange for me because by your
> name i thought that you are from either one of post-
> USSR republics, or from one of their neighbour
> republics, where cyrillic is also ofen used.

Close. We used to use both before we started fighting
about it. Very few typewriters had cyrillic and in IT
the standard is not to use cyrillic.