[Samba] Win XP Pro joining domain

Edward A. Ottesen, AIA eao at struxture.com
Thu Aug 21 22:31:16 GMT 2003

I get the message "No mapping between account names and security IDs was
done." when trying to join the domain from a Win XP Pro box.  The particular
computer and user are in the smbpasswd and /etc/passwd files.  The registry
patch (requiresignorseal) has been done on the XP Pro.  Some specifics are
as follows:

Samba 2.2.8a running on Solaris 8
Win XP Pro w/ SP#1

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = GRAPHICS
        netbios name = SERVER
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        domain logons = Yes
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
 [netlogon]
        comment = netlogon
        path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
        write list = @sysadmin
        guest ok = Yes

I have spent some time looking over documentation and archives with no
success.  Please keep any replies simple as I am just an architect posing as
an IT person.

Edward A. Ottesen, AIA
StruXture Architects

E-mail: eao at struxture.com