[Samba] Joining samba to ADS domain

ggrov7 at eq.edu.au ggrov7 at eq.edu.au
Thu Aug 21 21:14:25 GMT 2003

I have installed from sources: PAM, MIT Kerberos (krb5-1.3.1), OpenLDAP (openldap-2.1.22) and Samba (samba-3.0.0beta3).

I have configured the krb5.conf file in /etc directory and tested it with ./kinit SOMEONE at DOM.AIN.

I have configured the smb.conf file in /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf and tested it with ./testparm.

My next step is to join the samba server to the domain, when I run "./net ads join DOM.AIN -U Administrator" it returns with a error of "./net: error while loading shared libraries: libk5crypto.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

I am running a clean installation of debia3.0r1 (nothing extra has been installed except those listed above).