[Samba] SAMBA-2_0_7_0 - Operational Issues when installed in AIX 4.3.3 and AIX 5.1.0

Sergio Kyriakis sergio.kyriakis.b at bayer.com
Thu Aug 21 20:04:47 GMT 2003

We have been running SAMBA-2_0_7_0 in our AIX 4.3.3 environment without flaw for
years. We just installed SAMBA-2_0_7_0 in our AIX 5.1.0 environment.
We were right in the middle of configuring via SWAT using MSIE version
5.50.4807.2300CO. After committing a DNS Proxy change in the general area from
No to Yes, we are now unable to reestablish a session via SWAT. The installation
was performed IAW the IBM Redbook "Samba Installation, Configuration, and Sizing
Guide" from July 2000 and has a reference number of SG24-6004-00. This was put
out by the International Technical Support Organization at IBM.

The smbd refuses to run.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sergio