[Samba] Moving Samba from one computer to another one

Laurent Vaills laurent.vaills at dms.at
Thu Aug 21 09:46:00 GMT 2003

Hi all.

I need to move the samba server from one computer (samba 2.2.3a, RedHat 7.2) to
another one (samba 2.2.7).
This server acts as a PDC.

I configure the new computer to have the same workgroup but not the same
netbios name. I also copied my profile from the old server to the new one.

I switch off the old server and switch on the new one.
When I try to log in on from my Win2k machine I got an error which says
that the SID is not the correct.

I tried to copy the MACHINE.SID and secrets.tdb from the old server to
the new one but that does not work

Does anyone already have this problem or know a solution ?

Thanks in advance,
Laurent.