[Samba] C'mon guys. Get some virus protection.

Steve Kennedy steve at gbnet.org
Wed Aug 20 22:34:51 GMT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 10:12:11PM +0000, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 03:07:56PM -0700, Jim C wrote:
> > Anyone who is smart enough to be on this list is smart enough to get
> > some proper virus protection.
> I use a mutt mailer. Does that count :-). Lets be serious folks. It's
> not "virus" protection, it's "Microsoft virus" protection. There just
> *aren't* any other kinds in common distribution. We should call it what
> it is.
> Use a Linux or Apple MacOS/x desktop and just ignore these things
> (and Samba too for that matter :-).

However saying that, it's amazing how many people on the mutt lists are
using Outlook (Express) mailers and have been hit with the Sobig.F virus.

The mutt lists have been pretty badly nuked with the results :(

Steve

home steve at gbnet.org
NetTek Ltd    tel/fax +44-(0)207 483 2455
Email to SMS steve - pager (at) gbnet dot net