[Samba] Samba 2.2.8 under OpenBSD 3.3

Eric Dillenseger eric at naxalite.ath.cx
Wed Aug 20 20:00:20 GMT 2003

Hi, I'm dropping a little question.
I've set up a samba server and homes and public shares.
Everything works almost fine.
The only thing that bothers me is about files and directory masks.
In ssh session, I got files with 0700(-rwx------) mask and dirs with
0755(drwxr-xr-x) mask.
As I see, there are many mask options in smb.conf so I'm not really sure
wich would best fit with my needs (files 0600 and dirs are ok).
I also noticed that if I unset the archive tag under windows, it gives
me the good mask for files. Where's the relation?

Specs: WinXP SP1a, Obsd3.3, Samba2.2.8
smb.conf:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from tweety.naxalite.org (192.168.1.1)
# Date: 2003/08/20 21:58:58

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = WORKGROUP
	netbios name = TWEETY
	server string = Samba Server %v
	interfaces = fxp0 127.0.0.1
	bind interfaces only = Yes
	security = SHARE
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	update encrypted = Yes
	null passwords = Yes
	username map = /etc/samba/users.map
	unix password sync = Yes
	log file = /var/log/smbd.%m
	max log size = 50
	load printers = No
	character set = ISO8859-1
	dns proxy = No
	hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	browseable = No

[public]
	comment = Public Stuff
	path = /mnt/data
	read only = No
	guest ok = Yes

--
> Enfin vivement les procs optique qui ne chaufferont pas trop ;-)
Vivement les proc quantiques, en rajoutant un glaçon, on pourra même
les boire ...
*----- Tous des alcolos ma parole! -----*