[Samba] Samba 3.0.0 Beta 3: "krb5_cc_get_principal failed" but "Join to realm" successful?

Axel Suppantschitsch as at suit.at
Wed Aug 20 16:01:03 GMT 2003

Hiya,

	as I was not capable of getting only close to join the RC1 of
Samba 3.0 to my ADS realm, I downgraded to the Redhat 9.0 rpm version of
Samba 3.0 Beta 3 from download.samba.org.

With this package I get a lot closer to a "working solution". Anyway,
Kerberos is not working as supposed during the "net ads join" process
which should leave a bunch of Kerberos credentials in the ticket cache.
Not in my case, where the join of the ADS realm seems to be successful
(Samba server is visible in "Active Directory Users and Computers"), but
_NO_ Kerberos credetials are available at all due to an error...
YES, I have changed the Administrator password after I "raised" the Win
2003 Server to a Domain Controller! And YES, I already tried RC1 (I
compiled the rpms exactly as instructed with the delivered spec file and
the affiliated shell script (see post "[Samba] Samba 3.0.0 RC1: Unable
to find a suitable server")!

Once again the process of the "successful join" to my ADS realm with the
missing Kerberos credentials:

***** SNIP ****
[root at samba30srv samba]# klist
klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0)

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached
[root at samba30srv samba]# kinit Administrator at SAMBA30.TEST
Password for Administrator at SAMBA30.TEST:
[root at samba30srv samba]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: Administrator at SAMBA30.TEST

08/20/03 15:31:13  08/21/03 01:31:13  krbtgt/SAMBA30.TEST at SAMBA30.TEST

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached
[root at samba30srv samba]# kdestroy
[root at samba30srv samba]# klist
klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0)

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached
[root at samba30srv samba]# net ads join -U Administrator
Administrator password:
[2003/08/20 15:32:11, 1] libsmb/clikrb5.c:ads_krb5_mk_req(267)
  krb5_cc_get_principal failed (No credentials cache found)
  Joined 'SAMBA30SRV' to realm 'SAMBA30.TEST'
[root at samba30srv samba]# klist
klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0)

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

Any suggestions?

Wbr,