[Samba] Roaming Profiles and group profiles

samseaver at northwestern.edu samseaver at northwestern.edu
Tue Aug 19 20:37:14 GMT 2003

I have a lab of mixed NT/W2k/linux machines to maintain, ive recently
successfully set up a samba PDC with roaming profiles.

However I have two NT computers that will need to not only save data on
the samba file server, but share the same data.

I was wondering if there was a way of forcing either of these machines,
NO MATTER WHO LOGS IN, to ignore the users normal profile, and to open
the group profile and share, that both these machines should use.

Im thinking that this should be a batch file, the netlogon.bat, which
recognises the machine netbios name, disconnects the normal user's share
and profile, and loads the group share and profile...??

any suggestions?
thanks
Sam