[Samba] sharing for win2000

Adriana Carla adrianallite at yahoo.com.br
Tue Aug 19 12:29:21 GMT 2003

Hi!

I'm trying to make a sharing in linux(red hat) for
win2000 using Samba with share security. I dont't
what's happening, but when I try to access these
directories, a password is required after directorires
are shown, in the moment of showing their contents.
Does anyone knows what's happennig? I'm showing
smb.conf for you above:

workgroup = GTI
server string = HADES
load printers = no
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50
security = share
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
unix password sync = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n
*Retype*new*password* %n\n
pam password change = yes
obey pam restrictions = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192

============================ Share Definitions
==============================
[homes]