[Samba] add user script

Mark mark at co.robeson.nc.us
Mon Aug 18 20:00:01 GMT 2003

Yes it's an XP machine, and made the registry changes, but that doesn't
seem to be where the problem is.  When I issue the exact same command to
create the machine account (/usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s
/bin/false -M <computer name>) from the command line, I've got no
problem joining the domain.  Also, the logs show that I'm authenticating
just fine with Administrator => [root], so it's not that the account
doesn't have the rights to join a computer to the domain...

I'm wondering if anyone else out there is seeing anything similar?

Thanks for your reply.

Mark

Windows