[Samba] XP Local Group add prblem - Object Picker Incomplete

PHELPS, SCOTT SPHELPS at ridgways.com
Tue Aug 19 14:43:27 GMT 2003

Hey troops!

Well, it seems that I'm the one that needs some helps this time.

Here's the situation.

I've got a suXP Pro box with SP1 on it that whenever I try to add any
'domain_user' to any 'local_group' it gives me the following error
message:

"Information returned from the object picker for object "<username>" was
incomplete.  The object will not be processed."

A couple notes:
1. This is not a problem on Windoze 2K or NT

2. I have fixed the three relevant Registry keys:
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSetXXX\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\re
quiresignorseal = 0)
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSetXXX\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\re
quirestrongkey = 0)

3. I changed the following Group policy to 'enabled':
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\Do
not check for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders

4. The XP box is a domain member with a machine$ account.  It has Domain
Admins in the Local Admins Group, as well as Domain Users in the Local
Users Group.  If I add the user to the 'domain admin group' on Samba she
does inherit Local Admin rights.  So every thing is working fine
**except** the ability to add a user specifically from the Domain to the
Local Group!

4. I have Googled for days, and nobody has come up with an answer in
FYI: An example search....
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=short&con
fig=samba_lists_samba_org&restrict=&exclude=&words=object+picker+

Thank's!

--
Scott