[Samba] XP Local Group add prblem - Object Picker Incomplete
SPHELPS at ridgways.com
Tue Aug 19 14:43:27 GMT 2003
Well, it seems that I'm the one that needs some helps this time.
Here's the situation.
I've got a suXP Pro box with SP1 on it that whenever I try to add any
'domain_user' to any 'local_group' it gives me the following error
"Information returned from the object picker for object "<username>" was
incomplete. The object will not be processed."
A couple notes:
1. This is not a problem on Windoze 2K or NT
2. I have fixed the three relevant Registry keys:
quiresignorseal = 0)
quirestrongkey = 0)
3. I changed the following Group policy to 'enabled':
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\Do
not check for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders
4. The XP box is a domain member with a machine$ account. It has Domain
Admins in the Local Admins Group, as well as Domain Users in the Local
Users Group. If I add the user to the 'domain admin group' on Samba she
does inherit Local Admin rights. So every thing is working fine
**except** the ability to add a user specifically from the Domain to the
4. I have Googled for days, and nobody has come up with an answer in
FYI: An example search....
More information about the samba