[Samba] get file information from smb share

Razvan Cosma razvan.cosma at telemach.com
Mon Aug 18 08:15:44 GMT 2003

   Hello,
  I (and probably everyone else) noticed that right-clicking on a file
located on a remote share (at least in the windows explorer) provides a
lot of useful info besides the size & access rights. It does that
without transferring the entire file, so what I'm wondering if there is
a way to access that info using libsmbclient (meaning: is this part of
the smb/cifs protocol specification or just a explorer feature)?

  Regards,
Razvan Cosma