[Samba] XP - "The Procedure Number is Out of Range"

David Bronson dbron at roman.net
Fri Aug 15 20:15:19 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I have a new samba pdc for a network of about 3500 users. Smbpasswd was
too slow - but ldap works nice and quick for all but XP users. This is a
mixed environment of 95, 98, 2000 and XP boxes using roaming profiles
and nt4 style policies.

I have authenticated successfully with several non-xp boxes and
smbclient.

Below are the only failure messages that seem to be generated that are
unique to the XP. I would be happy to provide the smb.conf or more
complete logging if needed. Any help would be appreciated.

[2003/08/15 16:04:14, 3] smbd/process.c:switch_message(676)
switch message SMBwriteX (pid 17832)
[2003/08/15 16:04:14, 0]
rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_pipe_netsec_process(1340)
Invalid auth info 68 or level 5 on schannel
[2003/08/15 16:04:14, 0]
rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:process_request_pdu(605)
process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.
[2003/08/15 16:04:14, 3]
rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:process_complete_pdu(752)
process_complete_pdu: DCE/RPC fault sent on pipe lsass

Thanks.

--
David Bronson