[Samba] Advice on setting up a PDC.

Kendall Whitlatch whit at dubhlinn.com
Thu Aug 14 18:29:39 GMT 2003

I have been asked to set up a Linux Samba file server as well as set
up user-level access control for a medium sized real estate agency.
Currently, the office is a on a single workgroup and there is only one
UID for all users.

The owner wants to set up individual accounts and server spaces for
each agent. Until I can convince him that converting everyone to Linux
workstations, I have to support the Win2K/XP clients.

I was thinking that I should set up a Samba PDC for account/access
control and file services.

I have experience in both Linux and windows, but don't have much
experience in making them work together. (I've set up a Samba server
in SHARE mode, but I need user/server security.)

Anybody willing to do a little hand-holding on this?

Best regards,
 Kendall Whitlatch
 mailto:whit at dubhlinn.com