[Samba] Re: Access denied when printing to Samba printers

Ben Finney benfinney at thegoodguys.com.au
Thu Aug 14 05:05:52 GMT 2003

benfinney at thegoodguys.com.au wrote:
>> Failure:
>>   - Printing anything to said printer shares.
>>  [...]
>> [printers]
>>         comment = All printers
>>         path = /var/local/spool/samba
> [...]
>     $ ls -ld /var/local/samba/spool/
> drwxrwxrwt    2 root     nogroup      4096 Aug  7 13:24
> /var/local/samba/spool/

OMFG.  The spool directory Samba was looking for was not the same as
the directory I created.  Correct that error, and it's all fine now.

Thank you to the samba list, and Corey Hart in particular, for
assisting me in seeing what was right in front of my face :-)

--
Ben Finney  <benfinney at thegoodguys.com.au>
IT Technical Support Officer