[Samba] automating smbclient tasks

Boulytchev, Vasiliy vboulytchev at coinfotech.com
Wed Aug 13 19:22:25 GMT 2003

Ladies and Gents,
    My project requires me to share IIS log files with my Linux box.
The outcome of this solution is using Webalizer instead of horrid
Webtrends.  I have testing most of this procedure, Webalizer does great
with the combined log files (using mergelog).  In any case, I need to
script the download of the files from one server to another.  I use
something of the following to connect to the IIS server:

smbclient //10.45.23.14/logfiles -W my_domain -U username

Next, I do

recurse
prompt
mget blahblahblah
exit

Ok,  Is there a ways to script all of this using smbclient/anything
commands?  Or am I stuck with perl?  At least passing the password would
be helpful.

Vasiliy Boulytchev

Colorado Information Technologies Inc.

(719) 473-2800 x15