[Samba] SMB tree connect failed: ERRDOS

Mark Mansfield westhope at telus.net
Wed Aug 13 13:35:48 GMT 2003

I am trying to print from CUPS through SAMBA to a Windows machine.

If I print to a W98 machine everything works fine (I am using Caldera
OpenLinux V3.1.1 Workstation for my linux).

But if I print to a printer on a W2K or XP machine I always get the error
"SMB tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess". This occurs if I print from
within the Linux web interface using Netscape, or if I use a command line to
print, such as "lp /etc/hosts" to go to the default CUPS printer.

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks,
Tom Edelbrok