RES: [Samba] Manage user policy

Fernando Ribeiro fernando at puc-campinas.edu.br
Wed Aug 13 11:36:19 GMT 2003

I am interested in this too, but what I realy want is to lock the user
account after a number of bad logins.
The pdbedit tool that comes with samba 3.x suite does exactly what we
want but it did not work for me.
I set the number of bad logons to 3 using: pdbedit -p "bad lockout
attempt" -C 3
When testing this trying to logon using bad password 3 times samba does
not lock the account.
But I think it should work for password's. Didn't test yet.
Take a look at these docs
http://samba.vernstok.nl/htmldocs/pdbedit.8.html
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba-technical&m=105224209732235&w=2

Luck for all!