[Samba] connection problems between samba and windows 2000

CHANGEMENOW at alphalink.com.au CHANGEMENOW at alphalink.com.au
Wed Aug 13 03:01:11 GMT 2003

Hi!!! Samba greate Members

I installed Samba version 2.2.5 on Redhatlinux.8 to make network with windows 2000. Telenet on port 139 is working ok beween the linux and windows machine. I can see workgroup Icon on windows machine. when I click on to access linux machine, it comes with a message stating that workgroup is not accessible. I try the following command on linux.

#smbclient -L srver1   (Where server1 is the host name of my linux machin)

Response is

Can'tfind include file /etc/samba/smb.conf.
added interface ip = 192.168.02 bcast= 192.168.0.255 nmask = 255.255.255.0.
sessio request to server1 faild (not listening to calling name)
session request to SAMBASERVER faild (not listening to calling name)

Can some greate person  help me to come out of this problem. Please email : mylangam at yahoo.com.au

Regards

Rao E Mylangam