[Samba] very big files

Christoph christoph at scheeder.de
Tue Aug 12 07:24:46 GMT 2003

Hi,
sorry to correct you but:
1.) current kernels 2.4 support large files up to something arround 4 TB
on x86,
2.) to get large file support on linux you need at least a glibc-2.2,
version 2.1 does not support files larger then 2gb.
3.) samba since 2.2 autodetects at compiletime if your system is
large-file compatible. You don't need any patches anymore.
Christoph