[Samba] Production release date for samba 3.0

mark.jackson at axa.com.au mark.jackson at axa.com.au
Tue Aug 12 04:52:57 GMT 2003

Hi,
      I have to upgrade a number of samba servers to version 3 to fix an
issue with NTLMv2.  Our company is rolling out new XP desktop's (approx
2000 users) and have enforced a security policy on the XP clients of NTLMv2
only...sigh.  I have setup a test server with 3.0 beta3 and verified that
it works ok,   I was wondering what date we could expect a production
release of samba 3, or do/will any samba 2.x releases support NTLMv2.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Jackson

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of this AXA.   Thank you.