[Samba] Print Job Names Are Obscure

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Mon Aug 11 19:19:43 GMT 2003

Look at the %J variable in the smb.conf man page. That contains the job
name. Careful, as you will need to put '' around it in most cases to get
it to work. Then figure out (with man lp or man lpr) how to pass a job
name to the print job. On my system, it is:

lpr -J'%J'

HTH!

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630