[Samba] Re: What kind of performance can I expect on this setup...

Failed Access mdonovan at edwtech.com
Mon Aug 11 16:43:12 GMT 2003

Was gonna mention that looks pretty swift just for a PDC and an app.
Our current pdc (serves 50ish users) its a dell poweredge 350, 128mhz, 1
  20gig ide. Plus it's an NT PDC (yuck!). As such it's one of those
machines I ignore.

Our main fileservers are poweredge 4400 933mhx*2, 512mg mem 6 36gb scsi.
Samba 2.2.8 shares which look at the nt machine. One server has three
oracle database, homes share, executables share, logs, sales, marketing
and ops shares... the other has a samba 2.2.8 sharing documents, common
(holding our apps that everyone uses), pvcs. Then it also has cvs, lotus
domino server and a further 3 oracle database...
Only real problems are memory related. (Big surprise)

So I'd say whizzzzzzzz you have more than enough spare machine to play
with!  (Your box sounds alot like the new 2550's we got in 'cept they
had two processors and their doing combined database/application stuff).
You should have lots of fun playing with it!

On another note how is the POINT thing going?

Matt