[Samba] Samba 2.2.8 PDC + LDAP -> import_smbpasswd.pl does not work

Kopmann, Goetz Goetz.Kopmann at airbus.com
Mon Aug 11 13:46:04 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I'm trying to change the autentification method of our users from smbpasswd
to an OpenLDAP-Server. To set it up, i used the information from idealix.

The next step is to import the user-database fromout of the smbpasswd file
via import_smbpasswd.pl into the LDAP-schema. Unfortunately this does not
work.

$ cat smbpasswd | perl import_smbpasswd.pl

produces the output:

Adding [uid=root,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]
Adding [uid=thc1gk,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]
Adding [uid=cimpa36$,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]
Adding [uid=th15gw,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]
Adding [uid=cimsrv01$,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]
Adding [uid=thb1wa,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]
Adding [uid=th15on,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]
Adding [uid=cimsrv03$,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]
Adding [uid=thc1ak,ou=Users,dc=cimpa,dc=corp]

$

... but no user has been added.

Can anyone help me with that ?  Distribution is: SuSE 8.2

Götz