[Samba] Possible samba options:

Leonardo Boselli leo at dicea.unifi.it
Sun Aug 10 16:50:30 GMT 2003

I plan to use samba to substitute two NT4 server (PDC/BDC) howewer I
am not sure if it would fit:
I have not been able to find either in the samba 3.0 and samba-tng
documentation the following informations:
 1. Can I have three different serever on which putting the home
directories of the users (of course this would be set in their profiles) ?
 logon_home parameter seem to forbide this ...
 2. can I have a PDC with samba, the BDC with NT4 and two member
server (that offer only file sharing) with win2kserver ??
 3. can i use the samba password for mgetty, nis, and if possible all
service but imap and pop that should always use unix password ?
 4. is there some way from perl and php to validate an
[domain]/username/password pair agianst nt passwords returning not
only if the password is ok or not but also if the account is expired and or
locked and of course if does exist ?
Can you reply each question both for samba3.0 and samba-tng ??

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile