[Samba] winbind and trusted domains

David.Grudek at anixter.com David.Grudek at anixter.com
Fri Aug 8 17:57:01 GMT 2003

I have a samba server on mandrake running the newest version of samba.
Users are in domain a and the computer accounts are in domain b.  The
samba server is in domain b but  I would like for the samba server in b to
look at the user list in domain a which has a trust relationship already
set up in NT.  The same way windows does it now.  I setup winbind and
samba.  I put allow trusted domains = yes and all the other entries
needed.  I would also like for the local logon of Unix to use the samba
authentication as well.  Any help would be appreciated.