[Samba] Configuration Question

Ricci Jones rljones at baptist-health.org
Fri Aug 8 14:39:06 GMT 2003

I am using Unix Open Server 5 and have a copy of Samba 1.9.18.p7 running on
my Unix server. I am trying to install Samba 2.2.6 and I think I have it
installed and configured but when I run "testparm" it looks at the old
configuration file for Samba 1.9.18p7 which is located in
/usr/local/samba/lib. The Samba 2.2.6 configuration file is located in
/usr/lib/samba/lib. How do I get it to look at the new configuration file?

In reading through the manual I noticed it talks about a command
"smbcontrol" that you can use a -s option with to set the location of the
configuration file but when I try to run "smbcontrol" it says "smbcontrol
not found" and when I search for it I can't find it either. Where should I
go from here?

IMPORTANT NOTICE - The information (both of the message and any attachments)
contained in this message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient or has received this
message in error, you are hereby notified that we do not consent to any
reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any such
actions are strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately and destroy the transmitted
information.