[Samba] Can a user belong to two groups in Samba ???

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at edfgdf.fr
Fri Aug 8 14:12:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm using samba 3b3 (+ldapsam) and have created a user belonging to two
groups :

- his primary group is mapped to the "Domain Users" Windows group,
- his secondary one is mapped to the "Domain Admins" Windows group.

Unfortunately, only the first group seems to be known by Samba, since the
user doesn't become a "Domain Admin" at all (but he is a "Domain User")...
I've googled a lot and haven't been able to find much info about
multiple-groups-per-user handling in Samba ; some users seem to get the
same problem without getting a solution ; Redhat did record this as a bug
in bugzilla...

So : Is it a bug ? Is it related to LDAP ? Finally, Is it possible to have
a user belonging to two (or more) Windows domain groups ?

Regards,
Ganaël.