[Samba] Mounting samba fs

RAHUL SRINIVAS rahul2077 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 09:24:57 GMT 2003

Hi,
   I am new to samba. I want to make shares exported
from a Windows-NT to be accessible to linux users. I
want the following :

1. I don't want users mounting their shares by giving
username and password to smbmount.
2. The root of the shared folder must be mounted *only
once* on a directory such as /mnt/win
3. The shared folder will contain folders owned by
users x1, x2, x3 ....
4. The user x1 must be able to access /mnt/win/x1 but
not
/mnt/win/{x2,x3...}. If any authentication is
required, it will be available from a file from x1's
home directory on the linux machine.

Is it possible to do this ?

Regards,

-S Rahul