[Samba] changing file permissions problems

CJ Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Thu Aug 7 21:54:44 GMT 2003

For samba 2.2.8a

Well, I have found that the problem I'm seeing is that in W2K it will
not let you remove all permissions from say Everyone.  For example in
UNIX the file permission is set to 0644.  I want to remove the read
permission for Everyone from W2K.  In the Security tab, when I try to
uncheck the read for Everyone and then hit "Apply" the read just gets
re-checked.  Now I can check the write for Everyone hit "Apply" and
that takes.   I can then uncheck the read just fine.  But I cannot
uncheck the write.  Also, in the Security tab, when I have selected
"Everyone" and then try to click the Deny for read,  when I hit the
"Apply" button it ends up removing my Group instead!!!

Any help here would be greatly appreciated...

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'"