[Samba] Samba 2.2.8a file permissions not working

matt.twigg at insurance.sungard.com matt.twigg at insurance.sungard.com
Thu Aug 7 21:16:29 GMT 2003

Errol,
        Just to ad to the mix,
        I am running RH 9 with the 2.6 test1 kernel with ACL compiled in.
        I can fully manipulate ACLs on ext3 with setfacl.

        I thought the RPMS had --with-acl-support turned on...but I could
be wrong.
        I did a manual compile of 2.2.8 with all my fav. switches on and
got the same result.

Regards,

Matthew Twigg
Network Administrator
SunGard Insurance Systems | 313 Speen Street Natick, MA 01760
(508) 903-1758

Copyright © 2003 by SunGard Data Systems Inc. (or its subsidiaries,
"SunGard"). All rights reserved. No parts of this document may be
reproduced or transmitted without SunGard's prior written permission.
This document contains SunGard's confidential or proprietary information.
By accepting this document, you agree that: (A)(1) if a pre-existing
contract containing disclosure and use restrictions exists between your
company and SunGard, you and your company will use this information
subject to the terms of the pre-existing contract; or (2) if no such
pre-existing contract exists, you and your Company agree to protect this
information and not reproduce or disclose the information in any way; and
(B) SunGard makes no warranties, express or implied, in this document, and
SunGard shall not be liable for damages of any kind arising out of use of
this document.

Errol Neal <errol.neal at enhtech.com>
Sent by: samba-bounces+mtwigg=fdpcorp-boston.com at lists.samba.org
08/07/2003 04:46 PM