[Samba] Samba auth via NDS LDAP

Chuck Stuettgen cstuettgen at myrealbox.com
Thu Aug 7 01:46:10 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 09:07, Jason Whitson wrote:
> Now the trick will be to get it working on NW 5.1 SP6 without eDir.
>
> I have LDAP authentication working for an intranet via PHP, so it should
> at least be possible.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Chuck Stuettgen wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 07:51, Jason Whitson wrote:
> >
> >>Hi All.
> >>
> >>I am wanting to setup SAMBA to use a Novell LDAP server to authiticate
> >>users. I have Googled the topic and cannot find much except for OpenLDAP
> >>implementations.
> >>
> >>Does anyone have suggestions or links to share?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Jason
> >

> > I have just finished getting my test lab setup to do this very thing.
> >
> > http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/nds/features/a_linux_auth_ldap_edir.html

Sorry,  I haven't had the time to actually implement it yet. I've setup
a test lab that consists of a NW6 server with eDir 8.7, two RedHat 8.0
Linux system, and one W2K workstation.   I am going to be off the rest
of the week so it will be Monday before I get a chance to see if I can
get it going.  I'll keep you posted. I'd also like to hear about your
results in getting it working in your environment.

--
Like the dinosaur, Windows on the desktop is destined to
become extinct...

Chuck Stuettgen cstuettgen at myrealbox.com
http://www.cfs-tech.homelinux.net