[Samba] Re: Samba Question

Will Froning wfroning at uop.edu
Wed Aug 6 20:40:39 GMT 2003

I'm using FreeBSD 4.8 so software install will be quite different and
rather trivial.

My first step involved making sure the DC's were in /etc/hosts with
shortname entries.

Next I installed openldap22, then heimdal-kerberos (found some post
about this being the better/preferred version).  When I installed krb5 I
made sure to include with-ldap as a config option (this was the real
solution).  Finally I installed Samba 3.0b3 and it worked.

The crazy part was when I forgot to add the config flag for krb5, ADS
support was compiled in, but the krb5 keys didn't work right.  So all
the'net ads lookup' stuff worked, but I couldn't get the right creds to
join the domain.  The krb5 recompile solved it.

If you need more info, just ask.

Thanks,
Will

--