[Samba] joining a samba pdc domain

samseaver at northwestern.edu samseaver at northwestern.edu
Wed Aug 6 15:49:11 GMT 2003

The thing is nothing comes up in my logs at all,
im posting my smb.conf below.

Ive added and deleted and added again my machine and user accounts, when
joining a domain from a win2k box, I actually DO get through to the
domain, but it then turns away my root log-in (for first time)

my smbpasswd file is in the right place and looked up ok!

[global]
	;basic server settings
	workgroup = radhakrishnan
	netbios name = monster
	server string = Samba PDC running %v
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192

	;PDC settings
	os level = 64
   	local master = yes
   	domain master = yes
	preferred master = yes
	domain logons = yes

	;security and logging settings
	security = user
	encrypt passwords = yes
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	log level = 2
	max log size = 50
	hosts allow = 129.105.38.33 129.105.38.9 129.105.11.202

	;user profiles and home directory
	; next line is 9x/ME specific
	logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile
	logon drive = H: