[Samba] (fwd from lordtm@poczta.onet.pl) Few questions...

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Aug 6 04:26:41 GMT 2003

----- Forwarded message from =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Pawe=B3 Siwek?= <lordtm at poczta.onet.pl> -----

From: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Pawe=B3 Siwek?= <lordtm at poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Few questions...
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 9:45:25 +0200
To: mailman at lists.samba.org
	version=2.55

   Hello :)

   I am Red Hat 9.0 user and I started my adeventure with samba yesterday. I
   didn't need to make extra configuration because RH installer did
   everything for me as I guess. What I want to achive is setup the print
   server.

   I added to CUPS all printers in my network, which works with JetDirect
   protocol. I added it loged in as a root, and in this session when I want
   to print a test page it works without any problems.

   Problems starts while I try to use the printers in Windows 2000. When I
   tape in explorer \\computer_ip I can see all the printeres that are
   isntalled in linux, without any login message.

   When I try to add printers from Control Panel\Add printer menu and I
   choose network printer and type computer IP, there doesn't appear any list
   with all printers. To add printer I must type \\computer_IP\printer_name .
   How can I fix it?

   After choosing printer windows says that there are no good drivers in the
   host and I should choose drivers manualy. How can I make the drivers
   install automatically from samba server?

   Finally when I add the printer I can see that the Printer status is OK,
   the printer is connected etc.. BUT I cannot print even a test page but in
   linux I can print anything I want in the same printer. What can be a
   problem?

   Thank you in advance for all help

   Pawel Siwek

   PS Sorry 4 me english :)