[Samba] can't access file folders

Gavin gavin-39 at lapis.plala.or.jp
Tue Aug 5 12:31:25 GMT 2003

I've just setup a file server for my school (small private school) I've
created 2 groups "adm" and "students". being the adm, I can access all of my
students folders but when I log in as one of the students, I can "see" the
folders but I CAN'T ACCESS them.. I get the reply "share names not listed".
all the folders have open access, I've removed all the security  and I still
can't go into the students folder... where should I look to solve this small
but P.I.T.A problem (Pain In The A**)

I'm using MDK 8.2 prosuite on the server
the student workstations are 2 M$98 boxes and 1 M$ ME
the adm station is MDK

holla back if more info is needed..
--
Gavin