[Samba] Secondary group not working ?

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at edfgdf.fr
Tue Aug 5 08:47:43 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm using samba 3b3 and have created a user with two groups : his primary
group is mapped to the "Domain Users" Windows group, and his secondary one
is mapped to the "Domain Admins" Windows group. Unfortunately, only the
first group seems to be known by Samba, since the user doesn't become a
"Domain Admin" at all (but he is a "Domain User")... I've googled a lot and
haven't been able to find any info about multiple-groups handling in Samba
; many users seems to get the same problem without getting a solution...
Any clue ?

Regards,
Ganaël.