[Samba] Strange Problem

D. Rick Anderson ruger at acsnv.com
Mon Aug 4 23:11:45 GMT 2003

I'm having a strange problem with Samba 2.2.8 on RH 9.0.

When I delete a folder on the server from a workstation, it gives me an
error saying that it can't be found and the folder remains in Explorer,
but if I look on the server (via SSH) the folder is gone. If I hit F5 on
the machine that I'm using to delete the file, the folder disappears and
all seems normal.

The log file on the server shows this error:

Aug  4 15:10:07 ACS-SMB01 smbd[19564]:   set_delete_on_close_internal:
failed to
 change delete on close flag for file Common/FOLDER_NAME

What is causing this? I googled both portions of the error, and got only
results showing code for one, and an unanswered question as the only
result for another.

TIA

Rick