[Samba] ads_connect error joining W2K3 AD domain

Jason Powers jason at powers.bz
Mon Aug 4 16:08:30 GMT 2003

I'm trying to join my linux laptop(samba3b3) to a W2K3 active directory
domain.  I am able to run kinit jpowers at POWERSINC.ATH.CX, and after
requesting the password, it seems to complete without error.  After the
kinit, I try to net ads join, but get the following error:

[2003/08/04 11:34:58, 1] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(176)
  ads_connect: No such file or directory

I am logged in as root when I'm doing this, and jpowers at POWERSINC.ATH.CX
is a domain admin.  My smb.conf is appended at the end of this e-mail.
I checked the archives, and found that this has happened to other people,
but I didn't see a response in the archives.
Thank you for any insight you can offer on this problem.

[global]
        realm = POWERSINC.ATH.CX
        ads_server = 192.168.1.2
        security = ADS