[Samba] How to control TEMP directory

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sun Aug 3 20:20:21 GMT 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Howard Miller wrote:

> This is a slight rework of my last question but should be clearer.
>
> My samba installation appears to be trying to use /root/tmp as its temp directory. This is
> useless as when logged in as a user the system has no access to the temp directory and so
> nothing works. How do I pursaude Samba to use /tmp as the temp dir. I am running Samba
> 3 on a Mandrake system.

Make sure that your TMPDIR in the environment is set to "/tmp" before you
launch smbd. ie:In the /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb script, before executing smbd
add an entry that says:

export TMPDIR=/tmp

That should solve your immediate problems.

Did you build the samba binaries yourself?

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org