[Samba] File Corruption

Scott Sipe cscotts at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 3 01:59:13 GMT 2003

Not only .exe files, also .CAB file for MS Office (the cab file is
definitely changing).

I agree with you that it definitely seems like a virus--I do regular
scans on the samba share from FreeBSD with the McAfee scanner, "uvscan"
and it never turns anything up more than the occasional, mostly benign
macro virus (we get in tons and tons and tons of word files from
basically computer illiterate people ;)  Most of the PC's in the office
have virus scanners as well.

I downloaded ClamAV today and am currently doing a full scan of the
samba share, but so far it's found nothing serious.

thanks much,
Scott