pdbedit [ WAS Re: [Samba] smbpasswd and LDAP

Markus Amersdorfer markus.amersdorfer at aon.at
Sat Aug 2 07:16:40 GMT 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:47:11 +0700
Beast <beast at setuid.com> wrote:

> > It seems samba was trying to add this new user instead of modify.
> > Whenever I add new user which doesn't has posixaccount yet,
> > smbpasswd refused to add. It's like chicken and egg pb.
>
> Aah.., using pdbedit -a was able to add new (non existing
> posixaccount), but what if I want to add custom attributes?

So you solved your problems finally?

I suppose with "add custom attributes" you mean you want to write your
own schema-file and have the users use these new objectClass(es) and
attributes. Well, then just use LDAP-commands to assign them to them.
That's nothing Samba-specific...

(Don't ask me how to apply a specific LDAP-command such as ldapmodify to
a perhaps large subset of all LDAP entries ... I just don't know that
yet either.)

Cheers,
Max

--
The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
                       <Cpt. Picard, "The Drumhead", StarTrek TNG>

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/