[Samba] Problem compiling mysql support

Howard Miller hm51k at udcf.gla.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 21:49:21 GMT 2003

Hi,

when I run pdbedit I get the following...

Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/pdb/mysql.so': /usr/local/samba/lib/pdb/mysql.so:
No builtin nor plugin backend for mysql found

There is indeed no mysql.so in this directory. I compiled samba with confg options
--with-mysql-prefix=/usr/local/mysql
--with-mysql-exec-prefix=/usr/local/mysql

which is the same as the similar parameters supplied during the (working) MySql installation. Not
sure what to do next... Any offers?

Thanks... Howard