[Samba] reconnection mapped drives "fail"

Richard Grow rgrow at marsden.com
Fri Aug 1 14:56:12 GMT 2003

Hi,

We are using samba 2.2.8.1 on Unix 4.3.3.0 and getting this error.
We have both win 2000 and XP.  I get this error on XP.   Never had the
problem on Win98 and previous versions.
An error occurred while reconnecting O: to \\dev\growrg
Microsoft Windows Network :  The local device name is already in use.
The connection has not been restored.

We can fix the problem by removing all mapped drives, reboot and remap.
We have to do this every day.  I want to fix this problem.

In regedit we changed the enableplaintextpassword to the value of 1 to
get the connection.

I have search the internet  and samba archive with no success.

Thank you,
-Rich