[Samba] Samba - User Authentication

Leonardo Rodríguez leonardorleon at cantv.net
Wed Apr 30 17:46:41 GMT 2003

Clint,

I was fighting with samba the day before and I finally found to do
something new (something good)... as you did it I had to use winbind with
samba too and I could do this:

[root at redhatcus etc]# wbinfo -u
Administrator
db2admin
Guest
guigonza
IUSR_HAL
IWAM_HAL
krbtgt
leosamba
lrodrigu
NetShowServices
pruebasamba
samba
smbusr
sysadm
TsInternetUser
usrsamba
[root at redhatcus etc]#

[root at redhatcus etc]# wbinfo -g
Domain Admins
Domain Users
Domain Guests
Domain Computers
Domain Controllers
Cert Publishers
Schema Admins
Enterprise Admins
Group Policy Creator Owners
[root at redhatcus etc]#

[root at redhatcus etc]# wbinfo -t
Secret is good
[root at redhatcus etc]#

Now I can do a telnet connection using the Windows users and everything's ok

But I still can't authenticate the Windows users in order to they can
access the Linux folder, take at look at the folder configuration in my
smb.conf file:

[Samba]
   comment = Shared Folder
   path = /Samba
   valid users = administrator lrodrigu
   public = no
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0775

If I delete the valid users, public, create mask lines then I can access it
without using any username and password but I don't want do it that way,
I'd like to only some users could have access...

Do you know something about that? What do I have to do to figure this out?

Thanks

Leonardo