[Samba] SAMBA 2.2.5 and Share Refresh

Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca
Wed Apr 30 13:41:20 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am currently running SAMBA 2.2.5 on HP-UX 11.0.  I have some users who are
connecting to the Samba server using Windows 2000 workstations SP2.

It seems that if they copy large files to the Samba share through the
Windows Explorer the share is not refreshed to show the new file(s) that
have been copied over unless the user manually forces a refresh, however
with similar files (say under 2 MB), the Windows Explorer automatically
updates to show

I have tried looking in the Samba news groups and have seen that other
people have listed similar experiences, however I have not seen any solution
posted.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  Is there a Samba option I
need to tweek for this and/or an option in the Windows 2000 registry I need
to adjust for this.

Thanks in advance.